Best Rowing Machine Reviews for 2020
Best Rowing Machine 2020 – Rowing Machine Reviews
Decided you’re going to exercise seriously but bored of treadmills or bicycles or elliptical? Get the best rowing machine and start rowing now! I’m Tim and welcome to my Best Rowing Machine website and Rowing Machine Reviews blog. I’m a personal trainer at the gym, and many of my clients would ask me to recommend the best home rowing machines for them. So I decided to write this blog and I hope that it will help you find the best and right rowing machine for your home.
Types of Rowing Machines
To an untrained eye, rowing machines may look the same. But there are different types of rowing machines which will suit you depending on their intensity.
- Air Resistance Rowing Machines
- Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machines
- Air/Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machines
- Piston Resistance Rowing Machines
- Water Resistance Rowing Machines
So how you do choose the best type of rowing machine for yourself? Go to my post here and you’ll see which of those type of rowing machines the overwhelming majority of my clients usually pick and their reasons!
How to Choose the Best Rowing Machine
Decided on 1 of the 5 types of rowing machine? Yes? Now, you’re ready to look for the best indoor rowing machine for you. There are a few questions to ask yourself before you can decide which is the right rowing machine for home.
- 1) Have you tried rowing machines before?
- 2) How often will you use the rowing machine? Casual or serious rowing?
- 3) Do you have constrained space?
- 4) Don’t forget to check the weight limit for the rowing machines!
- 5) Where to put the rowing machine?
Click here to read a more detailed description of each question and the remaining 5 questions. So, in total, it’s just 10 questions all-in-all to get your best rowing machine!
Best Rowing Machine Reviews
With so many rowing machines reviews out there, it might be difficult to believe that the best rowing machine exists. It honestly does exist but you must first know what you are specifically looking for! Different rowing machines and different brands cater for various needs. So, I’ve picked 6 different rowing machines which I believe are best in their respective categories and have created the rowing machine review for each of my recommendations. Below are my top picks:
- Best Rowing Machine
– Best for serious/ hardcore rowers.
- Best Home Rowing Machine
– Best for those who thrive amidst challenging training every day, rain or shine.
- Best Indoor Rowing Machine
– Best for those who want to row at home but want the realistic outdoor feeling.
- Best Rowing Machine for Beginners
– Best for those who want a quick de-stress after a day’s hard work.
- Best Value Rowing Machine
– Best for those who want high quality rowing and who knows the sculling technique.
- Best All-rounder Rowing Machine
– Best for those who want a mid-range priced rowing machine which does the job.
I will be writing more rowing machine reviews so check out my blog!
Best Rowing Machine – Why do I need one?
As a personal trainer, I realized many of my clients were interested in picking up rowing but always hesitate whether to get a rowing machine. Are rowing machines only meant for off-season rowers? Not at all! Anyone can use rowing machines to develop your muscles. While it is easy for anyone to learn how to use the machine, most people use the machine whether it is for training or for low impact exercises. Don’t just look at rowing machines review. First, determine whether you are getting it for the right reasons:
- Stay in shape
- Lose weight
- Tone your major muscles
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Improve endurance
- Increase strength
- Greater flexibility
- Competitive training
- Less strain on joints
- Physiotherapy to recover from injuries
If you can tick off any of the reasons mentioned above or any reason that is related to it, you are on the right track! Just a quick note: normally rowing is unlikely to cause lower back problems but if you have an existing back injury, do check with your doctor whether rowing will aggravate that injury. It’s tempting to scoot off to your nearest gym to check out the best rowing machine, but before you do, do bear in mind some of the safety tips here before heading out!